- ARTEXPRESS - showcasing the diversity and talents of Year 12 visual arts students.
- Operation Art - provides opportunities for students to demonstrate their achievements in visual arts through a major exhibition. The works submitted are designed to contribute to a visual environment that helps relieve anxiety for children during hospitalisation.
- Schools Spectacular - a variety entertainment showcase featuring over 3,500 gifted and talented performers from over 400 NSW government schools.
- State Dance Festival - a showcase of dance from Kindergarten to Year 12 from government schools across New South Wales.
School Sports Unit - Representative sporting opportunities for students encourage participation, skill development and excellence in performance.
Students from NSW Public Schools have the opportunity to enter various competitions in many different fields of study. Find out more information about the competitions that are running this year.
Extensive opportunities are available for the business community to partner Department programs and events. We welcome the opportunity to work together to build a partnership.
- The National Year of Reading 2012 is about discovering and rediscovering the joy of reading.
- RSL & Schools Remember ANZAC Commemoration Service & the ANZAC Day Remembrance Service are held annually by the Department of Education & Communities and NSW Public Schools to honour the men and women who fought and died in wars and other operations. For all other ANZAC ceremonies please contact your local school.
- Education Week is held each year in public schools across the state where you can join in a wide range of local and regional activities and events showcasing the quality and diversity of education across NSW.