The School Certificate is no longer being awarded.
From 2012, eligible students who leave school prior to receiving their Higher School Certificate will receive the NSW Record of School Achievement (RoSA).
The RoSA will:
- be cumulative, showing a student's achievement until the time they leave school
- be based on school-based assessment
- be able to be reliably compared between students across NSW
- give students the option of taking online literacy and numeracy tests
- offer a means of recording extra-curricular achievements.
Find out more information about the NSW Record of School Achievement from the Board of Studies website.