Where a student has been placed on a reserve list the outcome advice shows a number next to 'Reserve'. This number indicates the position on the reserve list. A student will receive an offer if his or her position on the reserve list is reached.
The movement through the reserve list, and the length of each reserve list, varies from year to year and from school to school. Progress through the reserve list is determined by students accepting offers, declining offers or receiving offers to a higher choice school.
Offers are made as they become available and therefore while one school's reserve list can be active, another's may remain unchanged.
- Students on the reserve list will not necessarily be offered a place.
- You will be contacted by the High Performing Students Unit if the student's position on the reserve list is reached.
- Appeals or approved changes of choice may result in students being added to the reserve list. Later in the placement process there may be more than one student on a particular number on the reserve list.
- At the end of the school year, at 3 pm on 16 December 2016, students who have already accepted an offer to a selective high school are removed from the reserve lists of all schools of higher choice. If you wish your child to remain on a reserve list of a school of higher choice after the end of the school year, you must advise the Unit by 3.00 pm on the last day of school, that you wish to decline the current offer. There is no guarantee that your child's position on the reserve list at the higher choice school will be reached.
- Students who have not been enrolled at another selective high school can remain on the reserve list at least until the end of Term 1 of the year of entry. After 1 May, Principals have the discretion to hold vacancies over for the Years 8 to 12 placement process.
The list indicates the reserve list number of the latest student who received an offer to the selective high school. For example:
Sydney Girls High School
This example means that the latest offer of a place at Sydney Girls High School was made to the student on position 12 on the reserve list.
Your child's reserve list number does not change. You can track how much closer the Unit is to offering your child a place by checking to see how far down the reserve list the offers have progressed.
*means the number has changed since the last update.
Selective high schools reserve list (Updated 19 August 2016)