Computing courses aim to develop a students' abilities and competence in the use of computers and computing technology. Students learn to accept the challenges and changes which computer technology may produce.
These courses will provide students with the opportunities to:
- develop an understanding of the fundamentals of computing;
- apply this understanding in the design of solutions;
- use computer technologies to implement these solutions;
- relate classroom experiences with computers to a wider societal context;
- develop an understanding of the effects of the use of computers in society.
A syllabus is a document that gives teachers an outline of what students are to be taught in a specific learning area.
The syllabus and other supporting material for Computing Studies 7-10 are available from the Board of Studies.