Business studies supports students to become informed and responsible citizens by developing knowledge, understanding, skills and values relevant to their interactions with business and participation in a dynamic business environment.
Through business studies, students will develop knowledge and understanding about:
- the nature, role and structure of business the functions, processes and operations of business
- the nature, role, responsibilities and effectiveness of management
- the impact of internal and external factors on business,
and skills to:
- investigate, analyse, synthesise and evaluate business information and issues from a variety of perspectives communicate business information and issues using appropriate formats
- apply mathematical concepts appropriate to business situations.
A syllabus is a document that gives teachers an outline of what students are to be taught in a specific learning area.
See Board of Studies business studies 11-12.