The Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation Content Endorsed Course develops in each student the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to adopt active and health-promoting lifestyles.
Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation enables students to build upon their learning in Years K-10 Personal Development, Health and Physical Education. Specifically, it focuses on those aspects of the learning area that relate most closely to participation in sport and physical activity.
Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation makes a positive contribution to the total wellbeing of students. They develop knowledge and understanding of the value of activity, increased levels of movement skill, competence in a wide variety of sport and recreation contexts and skills in planning to be active. These and other aspects of the course enable students to adopt and maintain an active lifestyle.
Through the study of Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation students will develop:
- knowledge and understanding of the factors that influence health and participation in physical activity
- knowledge and understanding of the principles and processes impacting on the realisation of movement potential
- the ability to analyse and implement strategies that promote health, physical activity and enhanced performance
- a capacity to influence the participation and performance of self and others
- a lifelong commitment to an active, healthy lifestyle and the achievement of movement potential
A syllabus is a document that gives teachers an outline of what students are to be taught in a specific learning area.
The syllabus and other supporting material for Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation 11-12 is available from the Board of Studies.