Food Technology provides opportunities for students to develop:
- knowledge and understanding about food systems in the production, processing and consumption of food and an appreciation of their impact on society
- knowledge and understanding about the nature of food and human nutrition and an appreciation of the importance of food to health
- skills in researching, analysing and communicating food issues
- skills in experimenting with and preparing food by applying theoretical concepts
- skills in designing, implementing and evaluating solutions to food situations.
A syllabus is a document that gives teachers an outline of what students are to be taught in a specific learning area.
The syllabus and other supporting material for Food Technology 11-12 is available from the Board of Studies.