What choices does a young person have to meet the requirements of the new law?
The legislation requires that a young person completes Year 10. For young people who have completed Year 10 but have not reached 17 years of age there are a number of options. They are required to do one of the following on a full time basis:
- enrol in a secondary school;
- enrol in a training course at TAFE NSW;
- undertake an apprenticeship or traineeship;
- enrol in a training course with another approved training organisation;
- undertake employment: or
- undertake some combination of education or training and employment.