Summary: Role of parents
It is the role of parents to:
- cooperate with the school on student health matters
- support their child's health
- inform the school of the health needs of the child when they enrol or when health conditions develop or change
- liaise with the child's medical practitioner about the implications of the child's health condition for their schooling
- where medication is prescribed, ask the medical practitioner whether the medication is available in a form which minimises or eliminates the need to provide the medication during the school day
- convey all relevant advice and information from the medical practitioner to the school
- complete a written request form (supplied by the school) for the school to administer prescribed medication or for other support
- provide prescribed medication and 'consumables' for administration by the school in a timely way and as agreed with the principal
- collaborate with the school in planning to support the child's health needs at school including updating information and reviewing plans.
Note: Forms completed by parents will be stored securely.
It may be necessary for some information to be shared with staff in order for the school to provide support for the student.