The following articles provide important perspectives for Values Education.
A print bibliography is also available.
The following external sites provide related reading:
- An innovative values education program for at-risk Aboriginal youth
Contains some useful classroom strategies
- The belief, learning and culture information gateway, BeCAL
A site that promotes the relationships between research, policy and practice in the area of values. It includes ideas, resources, facts, publications, activities and links.
- Citizenship and values education: developing key skills for a consumer society
(Scroll to bottom of page for case studies.)
- Integrating Values in the Curriculum
A short online paper with some useful ideas.
- Actions Speak Louder EQ Australia. This article argues that values identification and clarification is just the beginning of values education.
- Values Education for Australian schooling
An Australian Government site to support values education
- New Zealand Foundation for Character Education Inc
"Building Character through Cornerstone Values" is an indigenous New Zealand approach to the development of character which had its origins at the Waihopai School, Invercargill, following the 1989 reforms known as "Tomorrow's Schools" and the provision for local learning objectives in a school charter."
- Listening to the Boys: A Submission to the Inquiry into the Education of Boys Dr Malcolm Slade
The article explores the causes of young peoples' disengagement from schooling from the point of view of the students.
- Strategies for Empowering Students: classroom activities that engage the mind
from the University of Illinois
- Values and Character
State Superintendent of Schools, Georgia USA
- Values Education in American Secondary Schools
An online paper (the whole paper is there) ERIC_NO- ED381423
Provides a comprehensive account of existing programs and approaches.
- Values education links
Some useful links to other sites